Wednesday 16 March 2011

David LaChapelle








A photographer I came across the other day. LaChapelle uses popular culture to document America's obsessions and compulsions.
"My hope is that through the narratives told in my images, I will engage people and connect with them addressing the same ideas or questions that possibly challenge them." (LaChapelle, D, http://www.davidlachapelle.com/about/, BIO)
This particular image is called 'Deluge' (2009). He is conveying a material world and how people would act and what they would do if these things were taken away from them. You can see a narrative and he used a crowd scene. It is an inspiring theme, as I'm took looking at something we take for granted, ans a controversial issue - alcohol. Additionally he is using photography and real people as a means for recording the issues- its great to see a different medium being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment